- Postmodernism - Doctrine or Theory ?
- Postmodernism is a Theory not a Doctrine.
- Is Postmodernism a Doctrine or a Theory ?
- Postmodernism - Doctrine v Theory
- Within contemporary photography is Postmodernism a Theory or a Doctrine ?
- Is Postmodernism only a Theory ?
- Postmodernism is not a Theory
I will pick one during the next few days.
My reading list to date for the essay includes or the whole or parts of the following.
Butler, C., 2002. Postmodernism: A Very Short Introduction.(Kindle Edition) Oxford University Press.
Belsey, C.,2002. Poststructuralism: A very Short Introduction. Oxford University Press.
Wells, L., 2003. The Photography Reader. Routledge.
Bate, D., 2009. Photography - The Key Concepts. Bloomsbury.
Clarke, C,. 1997. The Photograph. Oxford University Press.
plus various You Tube videos and reference to Wikipedia for secondary sources.
To illustrate the essay (2000 words without something to look at on a subject which is abstract could be boring) I will use some images that will act as visual statements.
In particular I am thinking of Cindy Sherman and Jeff Wall.